ACTIVE Cheshire supports #ACTIV8afriend - a gentle 'nudge' every month to help get more women more ACTIVE!
ACTIVE Cheshire & The Royal Society for Public Health are working closely to use diet and activity to build healthier communities. This video shows how local engagement through simple locations such as hair salons can form a hub to develop community public health knowledge.
RSPH research explores how businesses on the high street can impact the health of the public and includes league tables ranking the 'unhealthiest' high streets across London and the UK. The report also includes a range of measures to make high streets more health promoting, including:
- Local authorities to be given greater planning powers to prevent the proliferation of betting shops, payday lenders and fast food outlets
- Public health criteria to be a condition of licensing for all types of business
- Mandatory food hygiene ratings linked to calorie and nutrition labelling for fast food outlets
- A limit of 5% of each type of business on a high street in order to avoid oversaturation and provide affordable choice
- Legislation to enable local councils to set their own differential business rates to encourage healthier outlets and discourage those that are detrimental to health.
The Royal Society for Public Health - an independent charity dedicated to the promotion and protection of collective human health and wellbeing. Follow on Twitter - @R_S_P_H MORE INFO HERE
ITN Productions & Royal Society for Public Health video featuring Active Cheshire.
How can you #ACTIV8afriend?
Most women only need a 'nudge' to get more active - so WSNet runs a monthly #ACTIV8afriend programme on social media. Why don’t you join us on the 'eighth' of each month and invite a friend, rellie or neighbour to join you at your class . . . or for a run. If you run a #FemaleFriendly class/club - offer a discount, voucher, BOGOF . . .or just a FREE session if people bring a friend. You get more folk joining your sessions - we get more women more ACTIVE.
So why not join us? Keep the spirit of @WomenSportsWeek & #ThisGIRLCan alive #ACTIV8afriend - once a month on the 8th!
More info HERE - and don't forget our FREE #FemaleFriendly activity-finder - ACTIVEMapX - HERE - 32,000 people are now listed - are you?
Promote your video on #ACTIV8TV? Send a link to email@example.com with some info about your club/class.
Follow @WSNTVi on Twitter for updates on ALL WSN-TV On-Screen programmes.Watch Live