BoroGirls supports #ACTIV8afriend - a gentle 'nudge' every month to help get more women, more ACTIVE
- The video shows what is available to women in the area, including joining a netball team, boxing, roller skating or buggy pushing. Tees Valley Sport’s aim is to inject new life into the This Girl Can campaign, that swept through the country last year.
- Victoria Auton, coaching development manager at Tees Valley Sport, said: “Following This Girl Can, we wanted to develop a local campaign.
- “We wanted to raise awareness in women’s sport and to encourage more women to go into sport no matter what their size. “The video covers all ages and abilities. "It turned into a much bigger video than we imagined. “The message we wanted to get across was the amount of activities that go on. “It’s moving away from your traditional sports as well, and finding sports for the modern woman, like buggy pushing and roller skating!”
- Tees Valley Sport worked closely with groups of women who have suffered from domestic violence or just low confidence to prove that anyone can find an activity they enjoy. The video shows women from across Teesside exercising in ways that feel comfortable for them.
- Netball coach Faye Summerhill appears at the beginning of the video. She said: “We got involved particularly because of the bad press the area is getting at the moment. “I don’t think there’s enough about the good stuff going on, it’s all negative. “The more women that get into sport, the more positive it will be for the area.”
So why not join us? Keep the spirit of @WomenSportsWeek & #ThisGIRLCan alive #ACTIV8afriend once a month on the 8th! More info HERE - and don't forget our FREE #FemaleFriendly activity-finder - ACTIVEMapX - HERE - 32,000 people are now listed - are you?
Promote your video on #ACTIV8TV? Send a link to email@example.com with some info about your club/class.
Book you tickets for the MOVEFIT show - 10-12th March 2017 - MORE INFO